Some mornings call for a decadent breakfast. When those occasions arise, reach for this Strawberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast recipe! Consisting of fresh berries, soft cream cheese, lemon zest, and brown sugar, this is one breakfast recipe that no one will be able to refuse. We suggest making a few batches – it will be hard to enjoy just one serving of these!
Strawberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast
• 1 loaf Texas Toast or any thick bread, approximately 8-10 slices
• (1) 8-ounce pkg. cream cheese softened
• 1/3 cup strawberry jam
• 2/3 cup strawberries, sliced into small pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
• 1 cup whole milk
• 3 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
• 5 Tablespoons butter for pan
• Fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries and/or strawberries)
• Powdered sugar
• Real maple syrup
• Fresh whipped cream
1. In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, jam, and lemon zest. Fold in fresh strawberries. Spoon mixture on a piece of bread and top with another piece of bread.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar.
3. Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter per French toast.
4. Working in batches, dip each piece of French toast into custard batter. Let each side soak for about 10 seconds. Add the soaked slices to the sizzling butter in the skillet.
5. Cook until golden brown -- about 4 minutes per side.
6. Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and real maple syrup.
Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The Crossing Apartments in Denham Springs, Louisiana, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!